mardi 12 octobre 2010

The countdown

I drove my sister to the Airport on Tuesday morning. I passed a small night combined with a very bad night ! I was so tired... I missed one lesson on the morning and I had my final exam at the end of the day (bad mixture).

When my sister was doing her luggage, I began mine. I wanted to begin quietly my California's mourning...

The good news, I miss my boyfriend, my family, my friends and my home. Good timing to return home. I'm going to have another shock without cats! :(

Sure thing, L.A. will miss me a lot. The weather, the kind of easy going life and the friendly people made California so different from Québec! I realized that I became really calm during this trip... difficult to be stressed here.


I was at the school from August, 23 until October, 14 2010. I received my progress evaluation this afternoon. My teachers gave me between very good to excellent for my; speaking, listening, reading, grammar, vocabulary, attendance, participation and cooperation. Gene noted, "Cooperation, enthusiasm to learn. Perhaps needs to work on prononciation and grammar usage". Leah wrote, "Very eager with new vocabulary and great curiosity and motivation to improve. Very very good listening comprehension and good vocabulary". I passed from 69% to 78% for the listening comprehension and from 73,5% to 79,4% for the grammar comprehension based on the TOEFL test scores. I was surprised that my result wasn't worse that at my arrival because I was so tired!













I'm happy of my increase but I was expecting more on my prononciation! But overall : good experience. Experience which cost me a lot of money and my progress is not as much as I expected... But it represented an appreciate sabbatical in my life. :)

Tomorrow is my last day here! I don't have a car, I think that I will take it easy! The weather is not really good since my sister left (she was so lucky for her stay!) and I don't have a lot of money! Hehe.

Thanks to everybody who support me in this adventure. Special thanks to my boyfriend who passed 2 months without me... I know, he had holidays! ;)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire