samedi 28 août 2010

First discouragement

Yesterday, the private lessons were very difficult for me. Although I have the best intentions of the world, my pronunciation remains typically "Quebecois" and I don't seem able of any improving at the moment. I am discouraged by the situation. The proof, I walked in front of several stores, without any taste to stop! I suddenly realized all the necessary efforts that I need to do for any advancement during my stay. 7 weeks is not so long.

First discouragement since 1 week, I believe that I had to expect it.

This morning I walked about 5 miles until Bervely Hill by Pico Blvd. I crossed a lot of kosher's persons. I believe that my camisole and my shorts were not suited if I trust the glaces of the persons which I crossed. I didn't stay for a long time! I decided to return in the shopping center that I crossed earlier. That's official, it's really difficult to manage the budget while I want to spoil me and to resist at the temptation to spend all my money for this trip! Arghh!



3 commentaires:

  1. Don't be discouraged about you accent. There is a good chance you won't lose it. I know people who have been talking in english for a long time and still have a french accent when they talk.

    What I think is, you better be able to talk correctly and be understood then to try to talk without any accent.

    Talking in english for 7 weeks will give you a good fundation from which you will always benefit.

    I think you have to get some weight off your shoulders and think of it as a initiation more than a course that will make you bilingual. You would have to stay there much more longer for that...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I agree totally with Sebastien, dont be too hard on yourself.Be very positive and take it like a vacation.You wont be stressed and it will go in
    easier.
    We think of you every day.
    Courage.
    Cécile.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Hi Amélie,

    Don't worry! Like Sebastien mentioned, you are not going to loose your accent in a few weeks and it doesn't really matter at this point. Get the best out of these seven weeks, enjoy yourself, work hard and you will soon notice a big improvement. Be careful with the sun and the shopping ;0).

    Guy.

    RépondreSupprimer