jeudi 26 août 2010

Real beginning of school

August 24, 2010

The real beginning of the lessons! After a very bad night (probably caused by the anxiety of my first real day) and an exit of the bed very in advance on my dial + an incredible backache, I thought that a small walk to the school would be more suitable. We speak here about a walking of 3,5 miles (approximately 1:15 hours)!

I have to mention that yesterday evening the internet connection broke up and I can't plan her return. Furthermore, the television of my room didn't work, I had to resign to play the Sudoku on my iPod until bedtime. Real torture! I believe that can explain in some part why I also badly slept (without internet) .

Back on the main point of my blog, as I thought yesterday, I was coupled with people who were not really good in English. I only had a morning of lessons for the first real day and it was for best, I wasn't psychologically ready for my individual lessons. We were 9 in class, among which 6 left-handed persons (including me) and 1 ambidextrous! I had never seen that, left-handed persons who dominate! Hehe. The day was brief and after the break we even played a game who required to discuss to find who was the celebrity registered on our paper. All people of the group are between 21 and 35 years old. When I say " all people " that includes my teacher who is a 22-year-old artist : http://www.katelynclampett.com

On a informative way, my stay will be constituted by 16 lessons of group + 4 individual lessons of 50 minutes, 4 days a week for 8 weeks. My schedule is from 8:40 am until 12:20  for two courses / two days a week and from 8:40 until 3:00 pm, the two other days. I believe that will be near a perfect schedule! Lot of time to visit, go shopping, spend money, etc...


For return in the residence, I opted for the bus, which costs an exaggerated 0,75 USD! Hihi. The bus passes close to the residence in approximately 20 minutes of road. I didn't feel the courage to walk for return to the sun filling in jeans (especially that I am still burned by the sun and that I suffer!). At the exit, faithful to myself, I forgot my purse in the bus … Grrr! In fact, I had her in my backpack all the morning and I bring some change for the ride. I thus spent a little more than one hour without purse, without money, without digital camera, without keys, without iPod and without identity. The kind of situation which requires to manage in English! On the panic mode, I waited patiently for return road of my bus (approximately 1 hour). During this waiting time, I had time to imagine a lot of scenarios and I began quietly my mourning. Upon the arrival of the long-awaited bus, I explained the situation (a little bit frantic) and she asked me how was my purse. "Hum... black with embroidery…" When the driver gave me my purse, I had immediately tears in my eyes and I thanked her for it. I believed to have offered a performance deserving of Hollywood because some passengers applauded the scene. I had several lessons from this : to keep preciously my purse with me AND to never leave 400 USD cash in my wallet. Although it is really difficult to believe in it, everything is there! Thank you my god. The remainder of the stay would have been very difficult without money and without credit card.

It looks like I created adventures to fill my blog, but no! I am someone where this situation always arrived in the past. I appreciate the honesty of the person which found my purse and I thank him for it of the bottom of my heart.

The internet connection isn't still back, but at least I was able to arrange the television, that makes diversion. With all the feelings today, I hope that the other days will be more easy.

2 commentaires:

  1. Je suis allée voir le site de ta professeur, c'est un méchant pétard.C'est aussi une chanteuse.
    Je trouve que tu es bonne en anglais et je suis convaincue que tu vas réussir.
    Je crois que ce serait plus facile pour toi si tu te faisais une amie. Ici, il fait très chaud depuis une semaine. (demain encore 31)Bonne chance. Cécile

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Next time, I will write to you in english.
    I promise.Gérard made a phone call to J.P. and he is very lonely.I think he was glad that his father phoned him.
    He loved Los Angeles so much, that he would like to go work and stay there.
    I'll talk to you pretty soon.
    Be carefull. Gérard's opération went fine,(25) he can see a lot better than before. Bye XX

    RépondreSupprimer