jeudi 26 août 2010

How shopping can change everything...

August 25, 2010

Day of walking today! I believe to have walked approximately 8 miles divided into three parts; to go at school, the walks to the California's courtyard and finally the return. I have feet and back in "compote" (stewed?). The morning was well. We spent a short moment to make some grammar and spent the rest of the morning to the California's courtyard. We were not dressed in a suitable way for some judges, we attended a financial proceeding. A story of partnership and disagreement on the proportions paid by the defendant and the accused. They spoke about many, many thousand dollars. There was a story of "increase in value" on the value of the business which he had bought and I seemed the best qualified to understand the case. The teacher asked me to explain the notion of profit in English to the others!

I had to have my private lessons in the afternoon and I hurried to gobble up my dinner, when I learnt that I had to wait after the afternoon break to have my teacher. I thus made a small walk to the farmer's market and I took advantage of the internet of the school! Oops, the teacher left at the break. The director was confused and informed me that I would have a new professor tomorrow. My private lessons can be put back on Friday morning (where I was in vacancy). I have to admit that the bad organization of things, desappointed me. I paid a mattering amount to have these lessons.

I thus decided to walk easily towards the residence by saying to me that I shall take the bus returned on Ocean Park Avenue. Precisely at this moment, I discovered the TJ-MAXX's store. Oh yes! The American version of "Winners". I spent three hours on the first floor (the 2nd will be for the next time!). Mouhaha. No such thing to make life better. I said to myself : that I was in Los Angeles for more than a week without real shopping, that I had not brought enough linen and that I had to feast the rediscovery of my purse. A shirt with short sleeve, 2 pairs of shoes, a wallet, an ultra-chic pants, a pair of jeans, 2 jumpers, the dress of my dreams and 211, 74 USD less in my pockets later, my day became perfect! 


I wonder how everything will fit in my suitcase when I get back? Bah! I have more than 7 weeks to think about that.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire