samedi 18 septembre 2010

Half of my trip done

I spent 1 week without a decent internet connection! The reason why my blog wasn't updated since then! Viva el' Starbucks Coffee and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf!


My last weekend was really nice. Last Saturday I went to the Citadel Outlets with Klarà (the Czech Republican girl that I mentioned in my first school day). It was really great (cheap prices for famous brands) but the trip took maybe 2 hours in bus transportation just to get there (which doesn't include the return)! This long period of time was good because we made many Californian friends and spoke with them. I'm really more friendly here!!! Maybe it's due because I often need help! Californian people are so nice, they always wants to help!














Last week, I asked to be changed of class. I learned that I was in an intermediate group (with Katelyn). The intermediary beginner is better than I thought with my first day tests... This week I was moved in another class. Monday was really difficult because my class was really good! Fortunately, we went to the Californian Courtyard (again for me) to see a fraud affair! We spoke to a Culver City Police Department's detective. He was really friendly and explained us all the details about the case. A woman accountant was stoling many many dollars from a rich doctor during several years and he discovered the fraud... Really interesting.

On Tuesday, the strongest part of the group was moved because a teacher was absent on Monday. Thus the class was easier; we spoke in English, did some english exercises and watched "Girl, interrupted". Actually, I don’t like very much my new teacher (Gene - the school's manager) and I’m with 6 other Spanish people (I have so much difficulty understanding Spanish people who try to speak English)! Furthermore, my first private lesson was terrible. I wasn't in a good mood (again). Thanks to my perfect boyfriend who has to support my mood fluctuations! ;) 


Next Monday, I'm going to have surf lessons for 30 dollars during my two school hours (not 120$ as with a surf school)! Gene surfs and is a teacher, why couldn't he teach us surf? I'm really proud because a negotiated it for my class! Youhou! After that next Thuesday people will be moved (some will leave, others will arrive) my class is going to be different.

The second half of my week is actually better! My second private lesson was really funny and I had time to go : shopping on Third Street Promenade, to the beach, to watch a movie (for a lighter movie this time!) and eat some meals, all this, with Klarà… She’s really nice but regrettably she’s going to leave this evening! Snif, snif. 

Scoop : "Little Fockers" movie will be in theater for Christmas :)













Actually... about the Santa Monica weather... Gene described it like this (the news too) :  "Thick Marine Layer". Unfortunately, since some time, half of the week looks like that... 



He also admitted that we had the worst summer since several years...

In the morning, near of the 32nd St (far from ocean...)

But... I'm happy to announce that my sister will come to visit me from October 7 to October 12 (the weather has time to change)!!!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire